HKTVmall, founded in 2015, is an owned subsidiary of HKTV as an over-the-top shopping and entertainment (“shoppertainment”) platform. This case study focuses on the supply chain management strategy to facilitate the expansion of HKTVmall. According to HKTVmall’s 2021 Annual Report, HKTVmall pledges to offer better last-mile delivery by shortening the response time, expanding fulfillment facilities, adding more delivery trucks, and stocking more SKUs in their warehouse. With limited trucks and staff resources, this case teaches students how to manage supply chains for maximized delivery efficiency and flexibility.
Students will need access to the ACRC’s cloud-based Data Analytics Platform to access the dataset and do the analysis. The platform is currently in development. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an educator who wishes to use the case for teaching purposes and needs access to the platform.
For students in Business Analytics and Supply Chain Management courses:
1. Use Python and ArcGIS API to visualize store locations and understand the location-allocation strategies.
2. Solve the vehicle routing problem (VRP).
3. Select new store locations to fulfill customers’ growing needs.
For students in MBA and EMBA courses:
4. Obtain a detailed understanding of an online shopping platform’s supply chain network.
5. Identify the advantages and opportunities of an e-commerce platform’s supply chain.
6. Recommend development strategies for managing an extensive, complex supply chain network.